Statsig is the world’s most advanced experimentation platform. It enables your entire company to run experiments collaboratively and quickly, with minimal engineering effort.
There are two ways to seamlessly integrate Statsig into your product development:
- Statsig Cloud: Set up Statsig SDK, configure events logging. Everything else is handled by us.
- You get feature gates and 1 million metered events for free, as well as many analytics tools such as Dashboard, Metrics Explorer, and Insights. Here is a link to our pricing details.
- Warehouse Native: If you have data instruments already, or a strong privacy requirement, you may want to consider Warehouse Native (WHN). With WHN, you can host Statsig’s Stats Engine within your own Data Warehouse, using your own pre-existing data sets to calculate metric lifts. You can define feature assignment either by providing us feature exposures (you randomize), or through our SDK (we randomize).
- Today’s this option is only available for Enterprise contracts. Check this link for more details or Schedule a demo with our sales if you are interested in this option.
- With WHN, we still recommend using Statsig SDK for feature gates, and randomization, and take advantage of its reliable infrastructure, and seamless integration with the Statsig Console.
This page gives you an organized overview of how to set up the SDK. SDK can help you log events, and assignments, which will light up feature gate, experiments, and analytics within half an hour.
Overview: What is Statsig, and what is needed to set it up?
Statsig provides three tightly-integrated core capabilities:
- Experimentation: Run AB tests with minimal engineering efforts (two lines of code), and make decisions as a team with a powerful and intuitive Console.
- Feature Gating: Decouple code deployment and feature deployment, giving you full control of your users’ experiences, including the ability to rollout or rollback features in a single click.
- User Analytics: Dashboards, charts, funnels, retention; from logged events to all sorts of business metrics.
Statsig helps you generate two core outputs — metrics and exposures — metrics summarizes user behaviors that are meaningful to your business; exposure tells us, and allows us to control, what features each user is exposed to.
Logging Events is the foundation for metrics, and Feature assignment is the foundation for exposuress. Statsig has best-in-class SDKs built with experimentation as a first-class citizen, that once turned on, can create logging events and feature assignments to power all Statsig features. The SDK is strongly recommended for as it’s reliable, resilient, and have many experimentation best practices built in.
You can use Statsig without its SDK. For example, metrics can come from raw events table, metric definitions, or a precomputed metrics table; assignments can come from 3rd party tool, or in-house assignment tool. Statsig is modulated to work with other tools you are currently using.
Now, let’s walk through how to use Statsig SDK to turn on events logging.
Three Steps to Turn on Statsig Cloud
Step 1. Integrate with our SDK
We also provide an HTTP API. Our API is a great choice if an SDK isn't available for your environment yet, as you can use it in any type of application:
Step 2. Set Up Your First Feature Gate
Check this page for a full walkthrough
Step 3. Start Logging Events
Check this page for a full walkthrough
Now, events are logged and passed to Statsig Cloud via the SDK. They will start being computed as metrics in your Metrics Catalog:
Which you can add to a Dashboard:
Or even start trying to optimize via Experiments:
Need more help?
Statsig strives to provide the best support possible. You can
- Join our slack support channel for live supports: Join our slack support
- Schedule a live demo: Schedule a demo
You can file bug reports or feature requests via github issues in our Statsig Feedback repository