To set up connection with BigQuery, we need the following:
- Grant Permissions to a Statsig-owned Service Account
- Your BigQuery Project ID
- The dataset Statsig will use to save temporary tables and materialized results
Start by enabling the BigQuery source in your project settings.
Grant Permissions to Statsig's Service Account
You need to grant some permissions for Statsig from your Google Cloud console in order for us to access your BigQuery data.
- In your BigQuery's IAM & Admin settings, add the Statsig service account you copied in the Statsig Console as a new principal for your project, and give it the following roles:
Navigate to your BigQuery SQL Workspace, choose the dataset, click on "+ Sharing" -> "Permissions" -> "Add Principal" to give the same Statsig service account "BigQuery Data Viewer" role on a dataset. Do this for any datasets you want the service user to be able to access.
Following the steps above, give the "BigQuery Data Editor" role on the dataset you want Statsig to use for its staging data.
Now the service account should have the required permissions to run queries and materialize results.
BigQuery Project ID
Find your BigQuery Project ID below
- Click on your Project Dropdown inside your Cloud Console.
- Copy and paste relevant Project ID from the modal pop-up.
What is Statsig's Customer ID on BigQuery